Friday, April 10, 2009

Asian-Americans Blast Texas Congressman's Call for 'Easier to Deal With' Names - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Asian-Americans Blast Texas Congressman's Call for 'Easier to Deal With' Names - Presidential Politics Political News - FOXNews.com

Now maybe I will get blasted for this by my next comments being taken out of context, isn't it about time to drop the racial identifiers from any type of forms. If you are registering for citizenship, I can see some relevency. I can see some point for medical reasons, but why does it matter otherwise. Will racism ever truly go away as long as we keep trying to figure out how to label people? If we just all call ourselves American, it would seem a step in the direction of resolving this issue.
I am not suggesting to abondon one's family history or heritage, but if you are a citizen here. You are an American, and that is all that should matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment